Type of Job
About the job
Breathonix’s vision is to develop non-invasive breath test for early detection of various diseases. Our technology allows us to perform a breath test in 1 minute, the fastest in this field. Our COVID-19 rapid breath test BreFence Go has recently received HSA approval. The team is currently working towards deploying our rapid breath test for mass COVID-19 screening both locally and in overseas countries. Multiple projects are underway to develop non-invasive screening test for other disease, including lung cancer and TB.
• Plan and undertake experiments intrinsic to Breathonix application/product development projects with a focus on PTR-MS deployment and development.
• Lead testing and validation of new models, products and materials from new suppliers etc.
• Lead in-house R&D activities
• Design experiment, write report and present results to both internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure experimental work adheres to department processes.
• Define and implement instrument preventative maintenance activities and schedule.
• Maintain accurate and up-to date lab/instrument records
• Training of team members and end users on the usage of our device.
We are looking for someone with VOC analysis experience (GC/MS, PTR-MS, SIFT-MS, IMS etc) to help develop and validate our proprietary techniques and methodologies for breath analysis. The successful candidate is likely to have a higher degree in a relevant analytical science discipline.
The following competencies form the core strength of our R&D department, you will be expected to demonstrate a practical application of them, as well as to supervise others applying them.
Research - The ability to conduct, objective, logical, and systematic method of analysis of phenomena devised to permit the accumulation of reliable knowledge.
Protocols - The ability of organizing rigorous experimental protocols, scripting relevant protocol and reports, raising and resolving nonconformities and tracking through to a root cause analysis of any outside tolerance deviations.
Communication of results -ability to clearly communicate experiment results to different target audience in a suitable format.
Critical evaluation of data - Has the ability to evaluate and ensure the accuracy of data as well as spot real and non-real trends to provide an answer with confidence limits
Analytical Concept - The understanding of the rationale, theory, and subject matter in a particular scientific discipline to allow the appropriate application within an analytical role. (e.g Applying knowledge of basic chemical concepts and theories to set research questions with appropriate confidence limits, choose correct analysis technique and proficient instrument operation).
Analysis - Has the ability to perform routine and non-routine analysis and understands when the applied technique is fit for purpose and what associated quality control activities are required to ensure that the technique remains within established ranges and limits. When technique deviates from those established ranges and limits will be able to effectively troubleshoot.
• Master or phd degree in analytical chemistry or related field- industry working experience
• Experience in working with PTR-MS, SIFT-MS, GC/MS, LC/MS, IMS or related instruments
• Deep understanding and knowledge in mass spectrometry
• Experience in mass spectrometry maintenance, calibration
• Metabolomics or other omics experience
• Experience in volatile organic compounds analysis
• Experience in gas sampling methodologies
• Complex problem-solving ability
• Ability to follow procedures accurately
• High attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good data entry skills
• Mentoring & Influencing
• Team spirit, ability to work and communicate well within a team
• Working closely with a dynamic and diverse team
• Working on the most disruptive medical technology that is already making huge difference.
• Great prospect for career advancement and personal development
• Immersion into the entrepreneurial ecosystem provided by Breathonix together other fellow start ups
• Silicon Valley-style of working environment and community. Opportunities to bond with top entrepreneurs in deep-tech.
• We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Breathonix could be the place for you.
Please send your resume to Mr Du Fang, at Breathonix: