Please contact the SSMS Secretary at email@example.com if you wish to advertise a position on the website.
All positions will be advertised for 6 months unless otherwise specified.
Field Application Scientist
This is an exciting career opportunity for a scientist who is passionate about chromatography and mass spectrometry! We are looking for a regional Application Scientist to join our professional team of Application Scientists based in Singapore. The focus of this role is to provide scientific expertise through application presentations, product demonstrations, application training and troubleshooting of our portfolio of LCMS instrumentation and associated workflows including informatics platforms. As part of the Southeast Asia and Taiwan team, you’ll partner with sales, marketing, business development and service team in bringing our mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer!
What will you do:
• Provide pre-, during and post-sales technical support, applications assistance, and consultation in response to customer inquiries (both internal and external), including education, hands-on training, and occasional on-site visits primarily for LCMS.
• Collaborate with commercial team throughout sales cycle to understand customer’s needs and design/prepare detailed application plan that showcase better capabilities of company’s product portfolio/solution in line with customers’ goals.
• Conduct and participate actively in LCMS product demonstrations and/or sample evaluation showcasing Thermo Fisher Scientific’s innovative, LC and LCMS technologies (single quad, triple quad, Orbitrap etc). at customer sites or in our Customer Experience Center (CEC).
• Participate in application development to support business development and key account development activities.
• Maintain and disseminate updated technical information for specific applications/workflows to commercial team and customers.
• Build and deliver engaging presentations in various customer engagement activities (seminars, conference etc.).
• Combine conceptual and analytical knowledge to independently address difficult problems.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemistry or equivalent.
• Technical knowledge and hands-on expertise in LCMS including sample preparation. Minimum 3 years or more work experience.
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative LCMS workflows for proteomics (e.g., label free quantitation, TMT, PTM analysis and discovery proteomics) and biopharmaceutical analyses including associated sample preparation techniques would be preferred.
• Demonstrates good oral & written communication skills as this position requires extensive interactions with customers.
• Outstanding teammate with positive demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment to demonstrate the benefits of our products/solutions to customers.
• Prior experience working in a matrix organization working with distributors and partners will be useful.
• Ability to travel within the region (~25%) as and when required.
• Apply for this position: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/job/R01205991/Scientist-Field-Applications
• For more information or questions please contact Dr. Dhaval Patel via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Scientist (Protein Analytics) position available at BTI, A*STAR
The protein Analytics group at BTI is working to innovate process analytical technology (PAT) in various modality biotherapeutics quality and the biomanufacturing process characterization. The open position is required to utilize liquid-chromatography-mass spectrometry (LCMS)-based techniques for robust and streamlined protein quality attributes characterization and comprehensive proteome profiling and PTMs identification/quantification. As self-motivated and innovative personnel, you will be expected to work independently and closely with industry collaborators and multiple disciplinary team members to address critical challenges in robust at-line and real-time analysis of proteins and provide innovative solutions.
Ph.D. degree in mass spectrometry, proteomics, analytical chemistry, protein sciences, biochemistry, or related disciplines.
More than five years of hands-on protein analytics work experience, including protein sample preparation (extraction, quantitation, separation, enzyme digestion, desalting), comprehensive expertise in high-performance liquid chromatography coupled high-resolution mass spectrometry operation, troubleshooting, and new method development in addition to data acquisition, and data analysis.
Good communication and writing skills, track record of communicating research findings through publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Good knowledge of proteomics, and mass spectrometry, alternative protein, biopharmaceutics manufacturing and bioprocessing, analytical regulations. Data analytics and Bioinformatics, capable of R programming language, will be desirable.
Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team player.
Keen willingness and humility to teach and learn from fellow teammates.
Strong organizational skills with attention to detail are critical.
Flexibility to adapt to changing environments and project priorities/timelines.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dr. Bi Xuezhi via email email@example.com
Product Specialist, Evosep
Evosep is looking for a new Product Specialist based out of Singapore to assist customers and service partners with service and application support as well as provide internal sales support.
- Support Evosep One users as a domain expert in LC-MS and proteomics.
- Plan and provide user training.
- Plan and provide installation, preventive maintenance and repair.
- Provide technical support from home-based office.
- Create support related documentation.
- Support our sales team with product expertise and scientific presentations.
- B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Analytical Sciences, Biochemistry or related fields.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with LC-MS instrumentation for proteomics.
- Commercial experience will be considered a plus.
- Excellent communication and “people” skills are essential. This goes for both writing and presenting skills, as well as listening and interaction skills in general.
- Fluent in English, Mandarin is considered a plus.
- Moderate to frequent travel will be required within APAC, as well as occasional global trips.
- When not traveling, you must be able and motivated to work from home – preferably based out of Singapore.
For any further questions, please contact:
For more information or questions please contact Head of Support, Ole Tang Sørensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +45 26 33 23 31. The right candidate is expected to start as soon as possible.
Senior Scientist (LC-MS and Imaging MS)
Join Our Research Laboratory in Singapore for an exciting journey to set up the Imaging Mass spectrometry (MS) capabilities within the Target & Pathway Biology group. As a Senior Scientist, you will focus on developing imaging MS and LC-MS based workflows to support drug discovery pipelines by facilitating decision making based on distribution of proteins, lipids, metabolites, and candidate drugs. Utilizing state of the art Mass spectrometry platforms within the site, you will be responsible for the application and development of the mass spectrometry technology to understand novel biological regulatory mechanisms, identify disease and pharmacodynamic biomarkers. You will work closely with other scientists and will coordinate and integrate collaborative projects with the company scientists as well as with academic and clinical investigators in Singapore. You should have excellent background and track record in Mass spectrometry and diverse interests in systems biology.
What will you do:
Subject matter expert in mass spectrometry-based platforms and able to provide scientific and technical expertise in the development and application of imaging-MS workflows to support drug discovery pipelines.
Implement generation, integration, and interpretation of spatial multi-omics and LC-MS datasets (Metabolomics, Lipidomic and Proteomics) as part of a multi-modal approach to drive pipeline decisions. Perform analytical validation and develop QC practices.
Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain high resolution and triple quadrupole mass spectrometry instrumentation.
Analyse and interpret data with relevant vendor software and bioinformatics tools and integrate spatial multi-omics IMS datasets as part of a multi-modal approach to measure spatial biology, contextualize drug distribution and identify novel disease biomarkers.
Continuously optimize and improve the Imaging mass spectrometry platform to support scientific or business processes, seeks opportunities and provides recommendations to enhance capability and support to improve safety, quality, speed, efficiency, and costs.
Work collaboratively on company’s research projects with matrix teams within the department and other cross functional teams. Proactively pre-empt and respond to emerging project needs to align with business and departmental strategy.
Identify, evaluate, and recommend innovative analytical technologies and emerging Imaging-MS platforms or capital investment opportunities to maximize the group efficiency and meet scientific objectives.
Cross-train other scientists in Imaging-MS and LC-MS based proteomics or metabolomics techniques to ensure technical redundancy for these critical workflows in the department
Operate with high level of autonomy in planning and executing experimentation, creation of research project proposals, reports, publications and other scientific communications related to research activities.
Ensure reliable documentation of experiments and results in electronic notebooks and other documents in compliance with company policies and project needs.
Sustain visibility, both inside and outside of disease or functional area by researching and presenting complex ideas and data.
Proactively plan and execute own career development strategy that advances technical and functional knowledge to design experiments/projects that contribute to overall direction of department/discipline.
Demonstrate consistent leadership behaviours. Ensure all activities comply with appropriate health and safety legislation, company codes of practice and local rules. Promote a culture of safety and compliance among reports and colleagues. Involve in various site related activities.
What should you have:
PhD in Analytical Sciences, Chemistry, Biomedical/Biological/Life Sciences related discipline with MS experience or BSc/MSc with more than 5 years’ experience in mass spectrometry and independent scientific achievement.
Hands-on experience and expertise in MS-based metabolomics, lipidomics or proteomics workflows with demonstrated track record
Experience with operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of high-resolution mass spectrometers and triple quadrupoles
Experience in Imaging MS instrumentation is a plus
Highly collaborative yet independent scientist that excels in a matrix environment. Strong team player that has a positive, proactive, can-do attitude
Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical Platform (Singapore Food Agency)
What the role is:
The mission of SFA is to ensure and secure a supply of safe food for Singapore. The National Centre for Food Science (NCFS) supports SFA’s vision of ensuring safe food for all by being a national reference laboratory on food science, conducting food safety monitoring to generate scientific data for risk assessment and enforcement of food regulations to protect consumer health. NCFS oversees the application of science and technology to enable an evidence-based approach for ensuring food safety in partnership with stakeholders across the entire food chain and research institutions to address emerging food safety and security concerns.
You will be part of a dynamic team of Food Science Rapid Response Department (FSRRD) to provide support to SFA food safety monitoring and surveillance programs. The specialist teams of FSRRD strive to continue develop our testing capabilities and scientific knowledge to keep pace with the challenges of emerging food borne hazards in food. We collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to enhance food safety standards, support food security initiatives such as high-tech farming and evaluation of novel foods.
You will join us on an exciting journey to build the bioanalytical platform in NCFS to support the food safety regulatory control and the related R&D projects using cutting edge analytical technologies.
What you will be working on:
Propose mid-term workplan for developing and expanding the bioanalytical capabilities of NCFS, in particular in the areas of proteins and polypeptides of food safety relevance based on various advanced mass spectrometry techniques.
Develop new screening and targeted analytical methods for the identification of proteins, polypeptides and other biomacromolecules of potential adverse health effects in novel food and novel food processing technologies to support SFA toxicological study, food safety monitoring and surveillance programs.
Prepare manuscripts for scientific publication in peer-reviewed journals and deliver presentation in international conferences.
Contribute to inter-divisional taskforce for conducting scientific evaluation of novel agricultural technologies and novel food.
Participate in collaboration projects with National and International partners on development and enhancement of testing capabilities.
Implement laboratory quality assurance programmes to ensure that the laboratory practices are in full compliances with ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard.
Prepare regular reports to update management on the progress of research projects and significant test findings with robust risk assessments.
Procurement of lab supplies and equipment to support the operation of the lab.
What we are looking for:
The candidate should have a PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related fields with at least 5 years of related research experience.
Previous experience working in proteomics, including intact protein analysis using modern high-resolution mass spectrometry with a strong capability in mass spectrometry data interpretation will be a great advantage.
Strong track record in scientific publication
Highly self-motivated, proactive and resourceful.
Able to work independently, and in a team.
Strategic Account Manager (Mass Spectrometry)
Overview of the role
The individual in this position is responsible for managing the company’s relationship with its customers. Account manager (MS) may be responsible for finding new business, be assigned prospects, given accounts or a combination thereof.
The candidate will be responsible for selling our high-end GC/MS and LC/MS instrumentation (Triple Quad) as well as other Mass-Spec related products.
Achieve revenue targets via maintaining current accounts and developing new business opportunities.
Visiting customers to build, develop and strengthen relationships.
Forecasts and tracks client account metrics.
Identifies opportunities to grow business with existing clients.
Coordinate with staff members working on the same account to ensure consistent service.
Prepares quotations for tender submissions based on tender specifications from various sales leads including the Singapore government procurement portal, GeBiz, Sesami, Ariba, etc.
This is a local position and the applicant must be already residing in Singapore.
Qualifications and Training
Degree in Chemistry or related discipline.
Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography experience is essential.
At least 5 years track record of selling MS products locally.
Have strong network of MS clientele.
Customer Relations Skills
Computer Literacy – MS Office, CRM
Interested applicants, please send the latest CV to our HR manager, Ms Angeline Ho at email@example.com
Analytical Scientist, Corporate Function
Overview of role
Keen to consider this unique opportunity to create the future for our leading brands?
Procter & Gamble’s Singapore Innovation Center (SGIC) is looking for a candidate who has strong technical background & experience in LC-MS!
The ideal candidate will develop and deploy mass spectrometric method to drive technology and product development across all business areas. You will join a multi-technique/discipline laboratory where both teamwork and individual initiative are highly valued. If this sounds exciting to you, read on!
Located at SGIC, you will be part of the Corporate Function, Analytical organization. You will work in multi-functional innovation teams. The group forms active partnerships with technology and product development to support a broad range of initiatives throughout our company.
How success looks like
Establish the high-end LC-MS and Biomarker capability
Lead innovations via the mass spectrometric methods to drive technology and product development across all business areas
Partner effectively with multi-functional, multi-disciplinary teams (e. g. upstream technology/product development and downstream go-to-market communications) and deliver critical mass spectrometry (MS) and biomarker needs
Identify, develop, and deploy MS and Ligand Binding Assay (LBA) applications to the business via P&G internal and external connections
Manage projects that may require analytical capabilities other than MS and biomarker analysis
PhD degree in Science or related fields
Masters degree holders with 2-5 years of experience can also be considered
In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in separation analytical capabilities (e. g. HPLC, LC/MS), ligand binding assay (e.g. ELISA) and sample preparations (incl, extraction, digestions and derivatization)
Technical mastery in characterization of organic molecules and biomolecules in complex matrices, as well as knowledge of organic chemistry or biochemistry is preferred
Knowledge on metabolomics, proteomics and immunology will be a plus.
Strong leadership, innovation and creative problem-solving skills
Collaboration skills with people in other disciplines
Strong oral and written communication skills
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Analytical, Business Acumen, External Collaboration, Knowledge Creation, Knowledge Integration, Measurement Science
Dr HiuFung Lau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secondment Program: GC/LC-MS Analysis for Beauty Care Applications
Work Scope & Responsibilities:
· Leverage existing GC-MS and LC-MS tools and develop capabilities as needed for holistic understanding of interactions between ingredients in formulations
· Partner with multifunctional team in designing experiments for technology screening, MOA elucidation, and validating/building computational methods.
· The focus will be developing foundational understanding (molecular -to- macrolevel) of material interactions in formulations (complex systems)
Qualifications & Requirements for Secondment:
· Postdoc who has served at least two years in A*STAR, NUS, NTU.
· Ph.D. in Chemistry (Organic/Physical/ Analytical), Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Environmental Engg
· The applicant should have a background in separation sciences (GC-MS, LC-MS)
· Knowledge of Modeling and Data Analytics tools (Python, C++, Matlab etc.) are desirable.
· Excellent communication and analytical skills are required. Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary collaborative environment is expected
For any further questions, please contact:
Dr Vivian Poon (Email: email@example.com)