Please contact the SSMS Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to advertise a position on the website.
All positions will be advertised for 6 months unless otherwise specified.
Strategic Account Manager (Mass Spectrometry)
Shimadzu (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd
Overview of the role
The individual in this position is responsible for managing the company’s relationship with its customers. Account manager (MS) may be responsible for finding new business, be assigned prospects, given accounts or a combination thereof.
The candidate will be responsible for selling our high-end GC/MS and LC/MS instrumentation (Triple Quad) as well as other Mass-Spec related products.
Achieve revenue targets via maintaining current accounts and developing new business opportunities.
Visiting customers to build, develop and strengthen relationships.
Forecasts and tracks client account metrics.
Identifies opportunities to grow business with existing clients.
Coordinate with staff members working on the same account to ensure consistent service.
Prepares quotations for tender submissions based on tender specifications from various sales leads including the Singapore government procurement portal, GeBiz, Sesami, Ariba, etc.
This is a local position and the applicant must be already residing in Singapore.
Qualifications and Training
Degree in Chemistry or related discipline.
Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography experience is essential.
At least 5 years track record of selling MS products locally.
Have strong network of MS clientele.
Customer Relations Skills
Computer Literacy – MS Office, CRM
Interested applicants, please send the latest CV to our HR manager, Ms Angeline Ho at email@example.com
Analytical Scientist, Corporate Function
Procter & Gamble Singapore Innovation Center (SGIC)
Overview of role
Keen to consider this unique opportunity to create the future for our leading brands?
Procter & Gamble’s Singapore Innovation Center (SGIC) is looking for a candidate who has strong technical background & experience in LC-MS!
The ideal candidate will develop and deploy mass spectrometric method to drive technology and product development across all business areas. You will join a multi-technique/discipline laboratory where both teamwork and individual initiative are highly valued. If this sounds exciting to you, read on!
Located at SGIC, you will be part of the Corporate Function, Analytical organization. You will work in multi-functional innovation teams. The group forms active partnerships with technology and product development to support a broad range of initiatives throughout our company.
How success looks like
Establish the high-end LC-MS and Biomarker capability
Lead innovations via the mass spectrometric methods to drive technology and product development across all business areas
Partner effectively with multi-functional, multi-disciplinary teams (e. g. upstream technology/product development and downstream go-to-market communications) and deliver critical mass spectrometry (MS) and biomarker needs
Identify, develop, and deploy MS and Ligand Binding Assay (LBA) applications to the business via P&G internal and external connections
Manage projects that may require analytical capabilities other than MS and biomarker analysis
PhD degree in Science or related fields
Masters degree holders with 2-5 years of experience can also be considered
In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in separation analytical capabilities (e. g. HPLC, LC/MS), ligand binding assay (e.g. ELISA) and sample preparations (incl, extraction, digestions and derivatization)
Technical mastery in characterization of organic molecules and biomolecules in complex matrices, as well as knowledge of organic chemistry or biochemistry is preferred
Knowledge on metabolomics, proteomics and immunology will be a plus.
Strong leadership, innovation and creative problem-solving skills
Collaboration skills with people in other disciplines
Strong oral and written communication skills
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Analytical, Business Acumen, External Collaboration, Knowledge Creation, Knowledge Integration, Measurement Science
Dr HiuFung Lau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Procter & Gamble Singapore Innovation Center
Secondment Program: GC/LC-MS Analysis for Beauty Care Applications
Work Scope & Responsibilities:
· Leverage existing GC-MS and LC-MS tools and develop capabilities as needed for holistic understanding of interactions between ingredients in formulations
· Partner with multifunctional team in designing experiments for technology screening, MOA elucidation, and validating/building computational methods.
· The focus will be developing foundational understanding (molecular -to- macrolevel) of material interactions in formulations (complex systems)
Qualifications & Requirements for Secondment:
· Postdoc who has served at least two years in A*STAR, NUS, NTU.
· Ph.D. in Chemistry (Organic/Physical/ Analytical), Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Environmental Engg
· The applicant should have a background in separation sciences (GC-MS, LC-MS)
· Knowledge of Modeling and Data Analytics tools (Python, C++, Matlab etc.) are desirable.
· Excellent communication and analytical skills are required. Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary collaborative environment is expected
For any further questions, please contact:
Dr Vivian Poon (Email: email@example.com)
Research Fellow / Research Associate / Research Assistant
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore
The Protein and Proteomics Centre at the Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, invites talented individuals for the positions of Research Fellow / Research Associate / Research Assistant. Successful candidates will join a dynamic and friendly team focused on protein research and delivering cutting-edge mass spectrometry solutions to the scientific community.
PhD/MSc/BSc degrees in related life science or biomedical disciplines
At least 1 year of research lab working experience required for Research Associate position
Fresh PhD/BSc holders are welcome to apply
Knowledge of protein biochemistry and molecular biology is prerequisite
Experience with liquid chromatography and/or mass spectrometry will be advantageous
Good organisation skills and able to adhere to deadlines
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work harmoniously in a team
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please send your application via email (indicating the position of interest, latest CV and contact information of at least 2-3 referees)to Assoc. Prof Lin Qingsong (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr Lin Qifeng (email@example.com).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Breathonix’s vision is to develop non-invasive breath test for early detection of various diseases. Our technology allows us to perform a breath test in 1 minute, the fastest in this field. Our COVID-19 rapid breath test BreFence Go has recently received HSA approval. The team is currently working towards deploying our rapid breath test for mass COVID-19 screening both locally and in overseas countries. Multiple projects are underway to develop non-invasive screening test for other disease, including lung cancer and TB.
• Plan and undertake experiments intrinsic to Breathonix application/product development projects with a focus on PTR-MS deployment and development.
• Lead testing and validation of new models, products and materials from new suppliers etc.
• Lead in-house R&D activities
• Design experiment, write report and present results to both internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure experimental work adheres to department processes.
• Define and implement instrument preventative maintenance activities and schedule.
• Maintain accurate and up-to date lab/instrument records
• Training of team members and end users on the usage of our device.
We are looking for someone with VOC analysis experience (GC/MS, PTR-MS, SIFT-MS, IMS etc) to help develop and validate our proprietary techniques and methodologies for breath analysis. The successful candidate is likely to have a higher degree in a relevant analytical science discipline.
The following competencies form the core strength of our R&D department, you will be expected to demonstrate a practical application of them, as well as to supervise others applying them.
Research - The ability to conduct, objective, logical, and systematic method of analysis of phenomena devised to permit the accumulation of reliable knowledge.
Protocols - The ability of organizing rigorous experimental protocols, scripting relevant protocol and reports, raising and resolving nonconformities and tracking through to a root cause analysis of any outside tolerance deviations.
Communication of results -ability to clearly communicate experiment results to different target audience in a suitable format.
Critical evaluation of data - Has the ability to evaluate and ensure the accuracy of data as well as spot real and non-real trends to provide an answer with confidence limits
Analytical Concept - The understanding of the rationale, theory, and subject matter in a particular scientific discipline to allow the appropriate application within an analytical role. (e.g Applying knowledge of basic chemical concepts and theories to set research questions with appropriate confidence limits, choose correct analysis technique and proficient instrument operation).
Analysis - Has the ability to perform routine and non-routine analysis and understands when the applied technique is fit for purpose and what associated quality control activities are required to ensure that the technique remains within established ranges and limits. When technique deviates from those established ranges and limits will be able to effectively troubleshoot.
• Master or phd degree in analytical chemistry or related field- industry working experience
• Experience in working with PTR-MS, SIFT-MS, GC/MS, LC/MS, IMS or related instruments
• Deep understanding and knowledge in mass spectrometry
• Experience in mass spectrometry maintenance, calibration
• Metabolomics or other omics experience
• Experience in volatile organic compounds analysis
• Experience in gas sampling methodologies
• Complex problem-solving ability
• Ability to follow procedures accurately
• High attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good data entry skills
• Mentoring & Influencing
• Team spirit, ability to work and communicate well within a team
• Working closely with a dynamic and diverse team
• Working on the most disruptive medical technology that is already making huge difference.
• Great prospect for career advancement and personal development
• Immersion into the entrepreneurial ecosystem provided by Breathonix together other fellow start ups
• Silicon Valley-style of working environment and community. Opportunities to bond with top entrepreneurs in deep-tech.
• We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Breathonix could be the place for you.
Please send your resume to Mr Du Fang, at Breathonix: